Zoom!™ Teeth Whitening Dallas, TX
At Dallas Laser Dentistry, we provide our patients with various innovative and effective ways to transform the appearance of teeth. If you no longer enjoy your smile, have yellow or dull looking teeth, dark stains or simply need to refresh your appearance, call (214) 702-5708 to schedule an appointment with our Dallas dental office. In one appointment, we can dramatically improve your smile so that you can feel confident just in time for a special occasion.
Zoom is one of the most advertised and well known teeth whitening treatments in the marketplace
When you visit our dental office for teeth whitening, you can be confident that your smile will be whitened by eight shades or more. However, we utilize a laser and do custom laser teeth whitening instead of Zoom. This is the most dependable way to improve the appearance of your smile without undergoing major dental work. In fact, we can complete this procedure on your lunch break so everyone has time for a whiter smile. If you try a solution at home, it could take weeks for the process to be complete, and your teeth still will not be as white.
How laser teeth whitening works
When you visit our cosmetic dentist office, we will meet with you and examine your teeth and gums to determine if they are healthy enough for a cosmetic treatment. If you have gum disease, cavities, or an infection, we want to treat this first so that you are in good oral health and to prevent you from experiencing any unnecessary sensitivity. Once cleared for the procedure, these are the steps that we will take:
- Clean and polish your teeth to ensure that the whitening gel is being placed on clean teeth, rather than plaque buildup
- Protect your lips with a special lip cream to avoid irritation
- Place a retractor in your mouth to help pull back the lips and expose the teeth
- Next, you will bite down and rest your tongue on a cup that was placed in your mouth with the retractor
- We will use a shade guide so that you can determine how white you want your teeth to be
- After taking a photo of your teeth, we will place gauze inside of your mouth and a bib around your face, while giving you protective eyewear to use. This step can take a few minutes to ensure that the only area exposed to the whitening solution is your teeth
- Next, we will place a protective solution on your gums
- Then the whitening gel is evenly brushed on
While a Zoom whitening dentist would shine an LED light (or a UV light with older Zoom systems) on all of your teeth and face at once from outside your mouth to activate the whitening solution, for laser whitening we activate the whitening gel tooth by tooth with the powerful laser inside your mouth. This usually takes about fifteen-minutes, and then we let the bleaching gel do its job. We then repeat the process of placing new gel and again activating it tooth by tooth with the laser. There is no such thing as a perfect smile or the right shade of white – only what you find attractive and beautiful. With that in mind, we do our best to ensure that the final shade of your teeth is one that you are pleased with – if not, we’ll do another session at no additional cost.
Once the process has been completed, remove the protective barrier then rinse your mouth. The entire procedure can be completed during your lunch break so that you can have a gorgeous smile right away – and we’re always open during the lunch hour!
Dallas Tooth Whitening
Both Zoom and laser whitening are better than whitening strips or over the counter treatments you can buy in the store.
At Dallas Laser Dentistry, we recommend whitening your teeth with our laser teeth whitening process because your teeth will become whiter faster than if you try a kit at home. We will also ensure that your teeth are healthy and prevent any unnecessary sensitivity. This is a significant benefit of whitening your teeth under the supervision of a dentist. If you whiten them at home, you risk overexposure to the whitening solution and your teeth becoming sensitive as a result. Simultaneously, most over the counter solutions like whitening strips, trays, or toothpastes will only remove the surface stains on your teeth. Most of the staining and yellow comes from under the enamel so you need a whitening solution that will penetrate it. As with Zoom, laser whitening solution penetrates the enamel and begins the process of oxidization so that the molecules inside of your teeth reflect less light and appear colorless. This is what produces dramatic results. Most people that whiten their teeth at home see improvements but not to the degree that makes a significant impact. This is mostly due to the quality of the solution that is used while in some cases, like with whitening toothpaste, it is also because the solution is not on the teeth long enough.
Check out what others are saying about our Zoom teeth whitening services on Yelp: Zoom Teeth Whitening Dallas
Call Us Today
When you visit our dental office, we can review all of your options with you and create a treatment plan that will give you the brightest and most beautiful smile. We highly recommend that you try laser teeth whitening for the best possible results. If you have any remaining stains, we can discuss other cosmetic solutions for covering them like placing dental veneers for a more attractive smile. We also recommend that if you are planning on having other dental work performed like getting dental implants, crowns, or veneers, that you have your whitening procedure completed first since these restorations are bleach resistant. Timing is critical when planning a smile makeover so we will let you know if whitening should be part of this process. For more information or to schedule an appointment with our dental office, call 214-702-5708. We will be happy to answer any further questions that you may have.
Questions Answered on This Page
People Also Ask
Definition of Cosmetic Dentistry Terminology
- Bleachorexia is when people continue to abuse teeth whitening solutions without consulting professionals, causing significant damage to their enamel and gums in the process.
- Carbamide Peroxide
- Carbamide peroxide is a solution that contains hydrogen peroxide and can help to whiten teeth.
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Cosmetic dentistry is generally used to refer to any dental work that improves the appearance (though not necessarily the function) of a person’s teeth, gums and/or bite.
- Custom Whitening Tray
- Custom whitening trays are specifically designed for a patient in order to fit properly while whitening the patient’s teeth.
- Deeper Teeth Stains
- Deeper teeth stains are stains that require professional oral health services and can result from certain foods, beverages or improper oral hygiene.
- Hydrogen Peroxide
- Hydrogen peroxide is a chemical compound in teeth whitening solutions that patients use to whiten the shade of their teeth.
- LED Whitening Lamp
- An LED whitening lamp enhances the teeth whitening process by triggering the chemical compounds in the whitening gel a dental professional applies to the patient’s teeth.
- Philips Provides a variety of dental products and brushes, including the Philips Sonicare toothbrush that helps reduce biofilm and gingivitis.
- Philips Zoom DayWhite
- Philips Zoom DayWhite is a teeth whitening product that only requires applying the solution 30 minutes a day for results.
- Philips Zoom NiteWhite
- Phillips Zoom NiteWhite is a tooth whitening product that patients can apply to their teeth overnight or for 2-4 hours per day to whiten their teeth.
- Phillips Zoom QuickPro
- Philips Zoom QuickPro provides patients with whiter teeth quickly and efficiently using a dual-layer whitening varnish technology.
- Philips Zoom Whitespeed
- Philips Zoom Whitespeed if a teeth whitening system that requires a specific light that can help whiten teeth up to eight shades in 45 minutes.
- Post-Treatment Gel
- Following certain teeth whitening treatments, there is a chance of sensitivity and other symptoms occurring for which the post-treatment gel can help to remedy.
- Relief ACP
- Relief ACP stands for amorphous calcium phosphate, which helps to relieve the pain in sensitive teeth in a gel form.
- Stained Dentin
- Stained dentin can result from certain foods and beverages with a lack of proper brushing. Dental professionals can provide whitening treatments to brighten the teeth.
- Surface Enamel
- The surface enamel is the hard outer shell that protects the dentin and pulp of the teeth. The enamel is the surface that people see when one smiles.
- Surface Teeth Stains
- While surface teeth stains can be inevitable with age, certain foods and beverages will only promote discoloration and faded teeth.
- Teeth Whitening Concentrate
- Teeth whitening concentrate is the bleaching agent that whitens the shade of teeth, which is more effective from a professional and not a general store product.
Back to top of Zoom Teeth Whitening
Zoom® teeth whitening drastically improves the color of your teeth by up to eight shades. It involves using a proprietary whitening gel and ultraviolet light to deliver effective whitening treatments that take no longer than an hour.During the procedure, the Zoom teeth whitening gel is applied directly to the patient’s teeth, and ultraviolet light is…
More patients are looking for cosmetic dental treatments than ever before, and Zoom teeth whitening has become a popular choice. This light-activated whitening treatment is done in a series of four sessions under the light. The patient often takes home custom whitening trays and a bleaching solution as well. The procedure helps to remove tooth…
Are you curious about teeth whitening? When it comes to having a good looking appearance, many people agree that having white teeth is essential. From taking pictures to interacting with new acquaintances, when someone opens their mouth to reveal bright white teeth it can make a good impression.Although there are a lot of products on…
Teeth whitening has become immensely popular in the United States. Its popularity shows the desire for people to have whiter teeth. There are several teeth whitening methods that can help you obtain a bright, white smile. One effective option is laser teeth whitening.Laser teeth whitening is a common cosmetic dental procedure. It is ideal for…